Atlanta Heritage Emergency
The Heritage Emergency Response Alliance (HERA) is an affiliation of institutions and individuals interested in preserving the cultural heritage in the metro Atlanta area and serving as a resource to cultural institutions around the state. Click here to read more...
The primary aim of HERA is to mitigate the loss of cultural heritage in the event of a disaster. We are a group of curators, archivists, librarians, preservation specialists, conservators, emergency management personnel, disaster recovery vendors, safety and security staff, and anyone with an interest in protecting cultural institutions.
Explore Alliance for Response
HERA is planning a spring program on April 25, 2012 at the Woodruff Library on the Emory University Campus. Katy Malone of ArtsReady.org will speak about her organization’s program, a web-based emergency preparedness platform designed for arts and cultural organizations. Following this presentation will be a discussion on the various types of fire suppression systems commonly used. Chris Paton, Archivist at the John Bulow Campbell Library of Columbia Theological Seminary, will elaborate on the FM-200 system. Staff from the Georgia Archives and Emory University Libraries will also share their experience with the Ansul Sapphire system. For more information, please contact Merri Torre at email@example.com.
HERA met on Friday, May 20th, 2011 at the Georgia Archives for a discussion about Incident Command System (ICS) training for cultural institutions. Click here for more information.
Connect with HERA! Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Promote HERA at your upcoming conference using this PowerPoint Presentation…
Click here to find useful materials from Atlanta’s 2007 Kick-off Forum.
|News from Alliance for Response Communities
- For the latest on AFR networks view our most recent News Brief for Spring 2013.
- Heritage Preservation is pleased to announce there will be three new forums in 2013 thanks to generous support by the National Endowment for the Humanities. If you would like to get involved, contact us.
- AFR networks have been keeping busy this winter. To find a summary of their activity please read our latest quarterly news brief.
- Throughout the country, members of Alliance for Response have been representing cultural institutions at stakeholder events for the National Disaster Recovery Framework. Visit FEMA’s Web site to attend the next stakeholder event.
- The final 2011 Alliance for Response Kick-off Forum was held in Salt Lake City, Utah with more than 80 cultural managers and emergency managers. Click here for more information about this forum.
- The Galveston-Houston Area Alliance for Response Forum was held on July 29, 2011 at the Museum of Fine Arts Houston. Click here for more information about this exciting summer Forum.
- The second Alliance for Response National Leadership Institute was held on July 20, 2011 in Denver, CO. Click here for a meeting summary.